Bluebelle's Crafts

Welcome to Bluebelle's Crafts! I'm Becca and I will be posting a ton of card making and scrapbooking project ideas using my Cricut Expression & Cricut Imagine!

Friday, February 24, 2012

In Memory of My Beloved Lacoda

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to the best pet in the world. My precious dog Lacoda. She was 12 years old and was truly the most kind and loving dog I have ever known. She had not been able to keep any food down the past few days so my mom took her to the vet. It turned out that she had a mass in her stomach preventing any food from digesting or going into her system. They said we could have the mass removed for $1500 but it was most likely that she had cancer and would end up dying anyways. My mom decided that she needed to be put down to end her suffering. Me, my sisters, and my mom went down to the vet yesterday to go see her. Since they had put her on an IV earlier she was very perky and happy to see us. It was so very hard. My sisters and I begged my mom not to go through with it but she said it was the right thing to do and had the vet explain everything to us. As we spent our last moments with her in the room my heart just broke. I could not stop crying and all I could think of was why did this have to happen to her. Finally the vet came in to put her down. It was the worst day of my life. I miss her so much and cannot believe that she is gone. I know all dogs go to heaven but it doesn't make it any easier for me to deal with. It is going to take a long time for me to heal from this experience. Watching her slowly fall asleep was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. I will always love her and she will be in all of my family's hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment